家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

Alone in Love writer returns with Wild Romance
by javabeans | October 29, 2011 DARMABEANS

Posted Image

Ooh, I love this writer: Park Yeon-seon wrote a couple of stand-out dramas the much-praised Alone In Love and the underappreciated gem Mixed-up Investigate Agency and is coming back for another one, titled Wild Romance (where the wild connotes aggressive and physical).

She pairs with Women In the Sun PD Bae Kyung-soo, but this project will be less emotionally turbulent than that one, despite its title. Its a romantic comedy about a baseball player hero and a judo athleteturnedbodyguard heroine ha, is she a huge fan of Park Min-young (Man of Honor meets City Hunter?), or is this just a huge coincidence of timing?

Its probably the latter since writer Park tends to take her time preparing her dramas, and despite that easy joke, I have full confidence in her ability to deliver a strong, original drama. Alone In Love is likely to make it to my all-time-favorites shelf once I eventually get to finishing it (its the kind of drama you savor, except that savoring time is in short supply these days) the smart, thoughtful series about a divorced couple finding love again starring Sohn Ye-jin and Kam Woo-sung won what seems like near-universal praise when it aired in 2006.

Her follow-up to Alone In Love IS on my shelf of keepers, because Mixed-up Investigative Agency is one of the best-plotted Korean dramas Ive seen. Its also quirky, funny, and unconventional with a cast of wonderful oddballs, led by Lee Min-ki, Yeh Ji-won, and Ryu Seung-soo. Mixed-up somehow manages to mix Indiana Jones-esque mystery-treasure hunt with eccentric comedy and heart-stirring moments of emotion, all while melding trufax of the late-Joseon era with its entirely fictional hunt for buried treasure. That kind of clever mythology and plotting is what Runaway Plan B shoulda done with its lost-gold storyline, but didnt have time for because of its chase scene quota.

Park also penned the 2011 Drama Special miniseries White Christmas (initially titled Monster), which I hear was pretty solid. Wild Romance is currently in the casting process and will air on KBS after Man of Honor in January. Its set for 16 episodes and has already completed its first four scripts.

Via TV Report

Lee Shi-young cast as lead in Wild Romance
by girlfriday | November 11, 2011 DAMRABEANS

Posted Image

Actress Lee Shi-young, whos just come off of action series Poseidon, has been cast as the lead in upcoming romantic comedy drama Wild Romance, set to begin production early next week. Shell be going straight from playing a marine cop to a judo-athlete-turned-bodyguard, because apparently, everyone likes watching Lee Shi-young kick ass. No complaints here.

Wild Romance is the highly anticipated return of writer Park Yeon-seon of Alone in Love, Mixed-Up Investigative Agency and the drama special White Christmas, and directing is PD Bae Kyung-soo of Seven Princesses and Woman of the Sun. The drama is about a former judo athlete with a short temper who becomes a personal bodyguard due to some unforeseen circumstances. Her charge? A star baseball player, whos described as simple and stupid. HA. The bickering romance between Short Fuse and Dumb Jock will take place over the course of a baseball season, and their romance will be a chaotic love. Gah, Im already dying to see this, especially since it sounds like what I WANTED Man of Honor to be, which of course it wasnt.

Now the question is who her leading man will be. Perhaps the once-rumored Lee Dong-wook? Someone beefier who fits the dumb jock stereotype a little better? Too bad shes already done a go-round with Siwon, who would kind of be perfect for this. After just completing an action-packed series, Lee Shi-young will be going into script readings for her new drama on November 15. Damn. Someone get this girl a nap.

The 16-episode Wild Romance will follow Man of Honor on Wednesdays-Thursdays, and premieres in January on KBS.

Via TV Report

KOREAN WAVE > TV 2011.11.17
Lee Dong-wook, Lee Si-young tapped as leads in new series
Reporter : Lucia Hong.
Editor : Jessica Kim
credit : 10.asiae

Posted Image

Korean actor Lee Dong-wook and actress Lee Si-young have been tapped for the leading roles in an upcoming KBS drama, according to the show's producer GnG Production.

A press release from GnG announced that Lee Dong-wook will take on the role of a disdainful baseball player named Park Moo-yeul and Lee Si-young will play Yoo Eun-chae, a former judo athlete-turned-bodyguard, in "Violent Romance" (translated title) set to air in January next year.

"Violent Romance," helmed by producer Bae Kyung-soo and written by scenarist Park Yun-sun, will tell the story of how Yoo Eun-chae becomes the bodyguard to Park Moo-yeul.

"We decided to cast Lee Dong-wook as Park since he has the physique to play a baseball player and we felt he would be able to take on a haggard character," an official with GnG said in the statement.

The official then explained that Lee Si-young is an actress that will be able to take on any action sequences due to her background in boxing.

Making his debut in 1999, Lee Dong-wook has starred in a number of TV series such as SBS' "My Girl" (2005) and Partner (KBS, 2009). He recently starred in SBS' romantic comedy "Scent of a Woman" opposite actress Kim Suna.

Lee Si-young, who debuted in 2008, became known after appearing in smash hit TV series "Boys Over Flowers" the following year and has since taken on several big and small screen roles. She last starred in KBS' action drama "Poseidon.

Lee Si Young Cast in Wild Romance
2011-11-17 16:34 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, JinHo
http://www.enewsworld.com/enews/con..

Lee Si Young was cast as the female lead for KBS2s upcoming drama, Wild Romance.

A representative of her agency, GNC Production, said on November 17, Lee Si Young was cast as female lead Yoo Eun Jae, for Wild Romance. She will act opposite Lee Dong Wook.

Posted Image

Lee will play the role of a judo player-turned-bodyguard who has just finished training. She has a hot-tempered and tomboyish personality and is good at all sorts of martial arts. The drama will feature a romantic story that unfolds as she works as a bodyguard for an arrogant and impudent baseball player, Park Mu Yeol (Lee Dong Wook), a player from a team that baseball buff Yoo hates the most.

A representative of the production company said, Lee Si Young is a recognized female action warrior. I had a good impression about her because she does her best for what she wants to do. We decided to cast her as a female lead because her frankness and easy-going personality is similar to Yoo Eun Jaes.

Interest is being focused on how Lee, an amateur boxer, will execute her action scenes.

Playwright Park Yeon Sun of SBS hit drama Alone in Love and producer Bae Kyeong Su who helmed KBS1s Famous Princesses joined hands for the drama.

#32 ehza

家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

Posted Image

BACHELOR'S VEGETABLE STORE (Channel A)

Title: Chonggagne Yachaegage / 총각네 야채가게

Channel: DongA Ilbo Channel A (cable)

Producer: East Sea Productions ("God's Quiz")

Scriptwriter: Yoon Sung Hee ("Shoot for the Stars," "Beautiful Days")

Broadcast Period: 21 December 2011 to TBA

Episodes: TBA

Air Time: Wednesdays & Thursdays 21:20 GST/9:20 PM KST

Press Conference: 17 November 2011 (tentative)

Filming Begins: 11 November 2011

Official Website: TBA

Cast

Posted Image

Ji Chang Wook (지창욱)

Wang Ji Hye (왕지혜)

Hwang Shin Hae (황신혜)

Lee Kwang Soo (이광수)

Synopsis:

Based on the true story of Lee Young Suk, who started selling vegetables at a small store in 1998 and now owns 33 vegetable stores nationwide.

2011.11.09 First Promotional Video (Channel A)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bachelors Veggie Store: Yoon Shi-yoon out, Ji Chang-wook in?
by girlfriday | September 27, 2011 DAMRABEANS

Posted Image

Its certainly cables year, thats for sure. And it looks like theres a running theme in this falls lineup TvNs got Flower Boy Ramyun Shop in the works, and now jTBC is gunning to air its pretty-boy-shop-owner show, Bachelors Vegetable Store, in the fall as well. Does every pretty boy get a shop now? Whats next, Beast Man Pet Shop? Sensitive Boy Record Store? Salami Prince: Meat Shop #1?

Dont get me wrong. I much prefer modest shopkeepers to chaebols and princes, and Im looking forward to middle class heroes being back in vogue. Former Baker King Yoon Shi-yoon was the name originally attached to the project, but now hes out, and the actor rumored to fill the shoes of last years It Boy is this years It Boy, Warrior Baek Dong-soos Ji Chang-wook.

I love him in Baek Dong-soo. I may have watched for Yoo Seung-ho, expecting that the hero would be the boring straight-laced guy, but Ji Chang-wook is so adorable as the the bumbling hero with more bravado than skill, that I ended up loving him more. (Though their love for each other is what I REALLY watch for.)

I hope he takes on the Veggiemart. Its based on a true story about a young man who opened a small vegetable store in the 90s and went on to become a huge success. The neighborhood ajummas called him bachelor because he was a young shopkeeper (not quite old enough to be called boss as per usual with ajusshi shopkeepers), and so his store became known as the Bachelors Vegetable Store. I think hed be perfect as the young hard-working entrepreneur who slays the ajummas with his smile. Wouldnt you line up to buy your produce from this guy?

Bachelors Vegetable Store is set to air this November on jTBC, which means Ji Chang-wook would be going straight from the set of Baek Dong-soo to this drama. Whew. No rest for the pretty. Let the battle of the pretty boy shop owners begin.

Via Sports Seoul, My Daily, Hankook Ilbo

Veggie Store gets its bachelor, broadcaster, and leading lady
by javabeans | November 3, 2011 DAMARBEANS

Posted Image

Its confirmed: Ji Chang-wook will take the lead role in the drama series Bachelors Vegetable Store, which will air on cable (surprise surprise) on Channel A. The news was teased a while back after Yoon Shi-yoon dropped from the list of candidates, filling his schedule instead with the upcoming Me Too, Flower, and Ji was tapped to fill the slot.

Playing his love interest in her first leading role is Wang Ji-hye, whos coming off a string of secondary roles in well-received dramas like Protect the Boss and President. Meanwhile, Ji Chang-wook will get rid of his lustrous warriors locks (sob) from Warrior Baek Dong-soo to portray the young hero here. Dont get me wrong, hes pretty any way you cut it (in this case, it being his hair), but it means for the time being well have to say goodbye to this:

Posted Image

The drama is based on the true success story of a young man who turned a tiny (roughly 350 sf) vegetable store into a nationwide franchise. That young CEO, Lee Young-seok, began the operation in 1998 and expanded to 33 stores. A book was published in 2003, and now the story takes to the screen.

Im pretty satisfied with the casting, since both Ji Chang-wook and Wang Ji-hye are rising stars with comic talent as well as dramatic. And while Ji is actually a year younger than Yoon Shi-yoon, he strikes me has having a more mature vibe, and less of an obvious noona-dongseng gap with Wang, whos two years older than him. (Not that noona-love is a bad thing. Nope, not at all.)

Bachelors Vegetable Store was initially slated to air on cable channel jTBC, but its hopped over to Channel A instead. It premieres on December 21.

Posted Image

Via Newsen, Hankook Ilbo

FINALLY some news leaks out from overseas!! The traditional Prayer Ceremony before a new drama starts filming was held the morning of 11 November 2011 out in Yangpyeong (Gyeonnggi Province), where the "Bachelor" began his vegetable empire and the first round of shooting will take place. In addition to the main actors and the crew, the President of Channel A (Kim Jae Ho) plus the Mayor of Yangpyeong (Kim Seon Gyo) were also in attendance. What's most interesting is that several other broadcasting officials from Japan, Hong Kong and China were also present in Yangpyeong, as there is high interest in this drama being live-time syndicated to other Asian channels. The news reports mentioned that in the absence of several characters not yet cast, baskets of the local produce were offered in their absence.

credit : CherKell @ soompi

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Meet the Bachelors of the Veggie Store
by javabeans | November 29, 2011 DRAMABEANS

Posted Image

I thought wed only have one bachelor in upcoming drama Bachelors Vegetable Store played by Ji Chang-wook but we get SIX? The more, the merrier. Bring on the pretty!

They are, in order of the photo below:

Ji Chang-wook, our hero (Warrior Baek Dong-soo);
Kim Young-kwang (White Christmas);
Lee Kwang-soo (City Hunter);
pop singer Ji-hyuk from six-member boy band Supernova;
new face and model Sung Ha;
and musical actor Shin Won-ho, who I swear could be a dead ringer for Ji Chang-wook himself.

Of those other five supporting bachelors, budding actor Kim Young-kwang has the biggest role, with actor/variety performer Lee Kwang-soo close behind. Both have a slightly offbeat charm; 24-year-old Kim Young-kwang (who had bit parts in My Fair Lady, Triple and The World They Live In) reminds me a bit of Lee Min-ki with his brand of gangly hotness. Kim will play the son of a wealthy family who teams up with Ji Chang-wook and comes to work at the shop, and enjoys a particularly close relationship with his single mother.

[url="http://image.ohozaa.com/view/5mp48"]Posted Image

Lee Kwang-soo, you may recall, had a comic relief role in City Hunter as the geeky tech guy, although he may be better known these days for his participation in variety show Running Man.

Of the newbies, Sung Ha recently attracted quite a lot of attention after starring with Shin Mina in a CF-slash-music-video for HERA cosmetics, in which he alternately helps and stalks her, only to have her return the favor. After the video released, he shot to No. 1 in search engine queries.

And those of you watching Flower Boy Ramyun Shop may recognize Shin Won-ho not from the show itself, but from that Skin Food Black Sugar CF that usually plays in the beginning commercial break. (Yet another reason not to skip em.)

The producers are pushing the moniker VF 6 DoLL as the nickname for the sextet, which I think is lame given that it doesnt roll off the tongue. Or, you know, make immediate sense. Im sure the netizens can come up with a better name, and one thats organic to the show. But nomenclature aside, the drama will follow the six young healthy men with strong personalities who work hard and fall in love.

[url="http://image.ohozaa.com/view/5mp4c"]Posted Image

But we need some ladies up in this hizzy, which brings us to Wang Ji-hye (Protect the Boss) and Park Su-jin (My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho).

Wang Ji-hye will play the main love interest for Ji Chang-wook, and Im glad for that since I like her a LOT better than former pop singer Park Su-jin, who is a limited actress at best. It doesnt help that shes played hateable characters, like Kim Bums blah ex-girlfriend in Boys Before Flowers and Lee Seung-gis scheming noona-crush in My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho.

Park Su-jin is being paired off with Kim Young-kwang, and like his character, she has also grown up privileged and unchallenged by difficulty. Shell have some complications with the main hero, though, just as I suspect that Wang Ji-hye will probably have some love rivals as well. You just cant cast that many hot young things, put them all to work in the same small store, and not tangle everybody up in youthful romance and angst.

The drama is based on the true story of a young man who built up a large franchise from a single tiny vegetable shop in 1998, who is now 40 years old and the CEO of a company with 33 stores throughout South Korea.

Bachelors Vegetable Store will be a cable drama broadcasting on Channel A. Itll air on Wednesdays and Thursdays, beginning on December 21.

Via TV Report

#33 ehza

家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

Posted Image

Lights and Shadows (MBC)

Title: 빛과 그림자 / Bitgwa Geurimja / Lights and Shadows
Chinese Title: 光与影
Genre: Drama, Comedy
Episodes: 50
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2011-Nov-28 to 2012-May-15
Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55

Synopsis

Light and Shadow draws a mans up and down life with modern history as its background starting from the 1960s during the Vietnam War.
Ahn Jae Wook will play the role of Kang Ki Tae who is the first national entertainer for soldiers in war fields.

Cast

Main Cast

Ahn Jae Wook as Kang Ki Tae
Nam Sang Mi as Lee Jung Hye
Lee Pil Mo as Cha Soo Hyuk
Son Dam Bi as Yoo Chae Young

Supporting Cast

Jun Kwang Ryul as Jang Chul Hwan
Lee Jong won as Jo Myeong Gook
Sung Ji Roo as Sin Jeong Goo
Shin Da Eun as Kang Myeong Hee
Son Jin Yeong as Hong Soo Bong
Ahn Kil Kang as No Sang Taek
Lee Se chang as Choi Seong Won
Kim Hee Won as Yang Tae Seong
Ryu Dam as Yang Dong Cheol
Jun Gook Hwan as Kang Man Sik
Park Won Sook as Park Kyeong Ja
Kim Mi kyung as Kim Geum Rye
Seo Seung Man as Johnny Boy
Kim Dong Gyoon as Cherry Boy
Ha Jae Sook as Kim Gye Soon
Lee Ah Yi as Lee Kyung Sook

Production Credits

Director: Lee Joo Hwan
Screenwriter: Choi Wan Kyu

Official Site http://www.imbc.com/...chtundschatten/

Teaser

mbc drama LightandShadow (빛과그림자)

2nd Teaser mbc drama Light and Shadow mbc드라마 빛과그림자 Ahn Jae Wook 안재욱

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 ehza

家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

Light and Shadows groovy 60s-themed promos

by javabeans | November 17, 2011 DAMARBEANS

Posted Image

Posters and teasers are out for MBCs special 50th-anniversary drama production, Light and Shadow, which follows the lives of entertainers through the 60s, 70s, all the way up to present day. As if you couldnt tell from the clothes. Groovy.

(Although, does anything else think the costumes and hairdos are straight out of a stage production about the 1960s, rather than an actual, realistic period look? Im half-expecting them to burst out into a chorus from Hairspray, or some such.)

The first video clip below isnt so much a trailer as it is an introduction to the concept of the show, explaining that all the beloved hits of the bygone eras will be revived for the drama. I can see that being a huge blast of welcome for the older Korean set, but I wonder how thatll translate to the younger viewers, both at home and abroad.

For them, the story will have to carry the bulk of the appeal, with Ahn Jae-wook (I Love You), Nam Sang-mi (Life Is Beautiful), Lee Pil-mo (Believe in Love), and Sohn Dam-bi (Dream) playing showbiz performers of varying levels of fame. I love Nam Sang-mi and find both men all right, depending on the role; its Sohn Dam-bi I dont love, but I can see the reason for her casting giving her singing-dancing background.

The drama premieres on November 28, and will run for 50 episodes on Monday and Tuesday nights.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...d&v=yE9CIPED3OI

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Via Segye

#35 ehza

家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

′Lee Byung Hun has been a huge help,′ says MAMA producer

2011-11-18 16:54 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Oh, MiJung
credit : http://www.enewsworld.com/

The stars turning out for the 2011 Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA) on November 29 are sure to light up Singapore this year.

The 20 guests confirmed for the award show this year include actors Lee Byung Hun, Song Seung Hun, Song Joong Gi, Park Shi Hoo, Ji Sung, Go Soo, Kim Soo Hyun, Bae Soo Bin, Kim Sung Soo and Oh Ji Ho.

Posted Image

Actresses Kim Hee Sun, Han Chae Young, Yun Eun Hye, Han Hyo Joo, Kim Min Hee, Kang So Ra, Nam Gyuri and Park Si Yeon are among the leading ladies who will also make an appearance. The show has managed to gather some of Koreas top stars in one place, which is no small feat, to bask in the delight of the hallyu fans.

Enews met with one of the events producers on November 18 who said, Lee Byung Hun, in particular, has been a huge help. You can expect something special.

Song Joong Gi and Yun Eun Hye have also garnered a lot of interest. Song is a rising hallyu star in Asia, who made a video appearance at the MAMA last year. He was a music program MC for KBS2s Music Bank at the time, but he returns this year as a hallyu star with a successful drama and film under his belt.

Yun is popular in Greater China; however, its become increasingly difficult to see her on TV lately, and fans are anxiously awaiting her appearance

The shows producer said, In addition to these actors, unexpected stars will make a surprise appearance for a congratulatory stage. The foreign artists, not just the Korean artists, are also worthy of your attention. Expect great things.

The 2011 MAMA will be held at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on November 29, and artists from all over Asia and the world are expected to attend.

The six-hour event will be broadcast live in 13 countries, including Korea, Singapore, Japan and Thailand, while seven countries, like China, the U.S. and France will be able to catch the recorded version quickly thereafter, reaching a total of 1.9 billion viewers.

#36 ehza

家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

Posted Image

Bang Ja Chronicles (CGV)

Titles: 방자전, The Servant
Airtime: November 5, 2011 Sat 24:00
Episodes: 4
Subs: TBA

Cast
Lee Sun Ho as Bang Ja
Yeo Hyun Soo as Mong Ryong
Lee Eun Woo as Choon Hyang
Min Ji Hyun as Hyang Dan
Lee Ah Hyun as Wol Mae,
Yoon Gi Won as Byun Hak Do

Official site : http://www.chcgv.com...bangja/main.asp

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 ehza

家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:05 AM

Teaser

CGV produces a TV version of Bang-ja Chronicles
by javabeans | September 13, 2011
http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/10/trailers...-ja-chronicles/

Posted Image

Cable movie channel CGV recently had a hit with their edgy and stylized Girl K, which Ive been enjoying, and now theyre producing another original TV movie, which will likewise broadcast in multiple episodes like a mini-drama series. This one is Bang-ja Chronicles, which is also the name of the hit ero-sageuk film from last year that flipped the famous tale of Chun-hyang around to play with the idea of Chun-hyang falling in love with servant Bang-ja, rather than his master, Mong-ryong (as the original tale has it).

(Note: Delightful Girl Chun-hyang was the Hong sisters comic take on a modernized version of the story, while Story of Hyang-dan flipped the premise around the other way, with Mong-ryong falling in love with Chun-hyangs servant instead. Its a popular story, and thus inspires lots of reinterpretations, in the way that therell probably always be a Cinderella reimagining or twenty in anybodys recent memory.)

The TV movie has cast Lee Sun-ho (Tamra the Island) as Bang-ja, who was played by Kim Joo-hyuk in last years film version. His character is described as a pure romantist with a rugged appeal, and this marks Lees first leading drama role.

Playing the part of his love interest Chun-hyang is Lee Eun-woo, a relatively new face whose credits include this years Romantic Heaven, for whom this will also be a first leading role. Lee Ah-hyun (Mary Stayed Out All Night, All That Glitters) plays Chun-hyangs mother, the retired gisaeng Wolmae.

This TV Bang-ja Chronicles wont be a direct adaptation of the film version, so we can expect a fairly different characterization. However, the projects are related, with the director of the film taking up the role of chief producer in this TV reworking. The production describes the TV version as emphasizing different narrative points than the film, which should (hopefully) provide enough of a freshness to a familiar story we wouldnt want the same thing, but on a smaller scale, would we?

On its own, Im not sure that Id be terribly keen on watching this, but after seeing what CGV could do with this TV movie format in Girl K, Im a lot more interested. If this one rocks, Id say the movie channel has just landed upon a winning innovation of the standard drama format, which means wed hopefully be seeing more of these experiments in the future. And exploring what TV can do is always a good thing, in my book.

TV Bang-ja Chronicles will air in four episodes on CGV in October.

Via W Star News

Trailers and stills from TV Bang-ja Chronicles
by javabeans | October 29, 2011
http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/10/trailers...-ja-chronicles/

Posted Image

Cable channel CGV is bringing back the original TV movie format after finding some success with Girl K; the next entry into this category is their TV Bang-ja Chronicles, so-titled to distinguish it from the film its based upon.

Speaking of which, I find the tagline on the poster above unintentionally hilarious; it reads, A fresh new story nobody knew. Ha, unless you saw the movie, of course.

Still, I find myself looking forward to this TV movie (which is really more like a mini-drama at four episodes), because I love reimagined folk and fairy tales. These days you cant just update a familiar fairy tale and call it a day; youve got to add a twist, whether its taking the storytelling perspective of the Wicked Witch or the Ugly Stepsister or, in this case, servant man.

The poster above gives us the general idea: A woman (Chun-hyang) is promised to a well-born man (Mong-ryong), but loves another (Mong-ryongs servant Bang-ja). Its an evocative image, even if I think 3-Iron did it better (that first ones my favorite):

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Bang-ja is played by Lee Sun-ho, who played a bratty movie star in Mary Stayed Out All Night but was more mysterious and interesting in Tamra the Island. Mong-ryong is played by Yeo Hyun-soo (Dong Yi, Dangerous Women), while the woman caught between the men is played by new actress Lee Eun-woo (Romantic Heaven).

Also in the cast are Min Ji-hyun (Mackerel, Run) as Chun-hyangs servant girl Hyang-dan, and Yoon Ki-won (Birdie Buddy) plays the wicked magistrate Byun Hak-do (who will forever in my mind be Uhm Tae-woong, per the modernized retelling of the story in Delightful Girl Chun-hyang).

The movie version of Bang-ja Chronicles was one of those provocative historicals making up the ero-sageuk genre (see also: A Frozen Flower, Portrait of a Beauty), so I wonder if the TV version will be toned down. On one hand, its television. On the other, its cable. Could go either way.

TV Bang-ja Chronicles premieres on November 5, airing on midnight on Saturdays for four episodes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

TV Bang-ja Chronicles is another cable hit
by javabeans | November 6, 2011
http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/11/tv-bang-...ther-cable-hit/

Posted Image

Youre probably going to get sick of hearing it, but heres yet more news that cable is standing strong: Channel CGVs newly premiered four-parter, TV Bang-ja Chronicles, enjoyed a promising start on Saturday with an overall viewership rating of 1.510%, hitting 2.475% at its highest point. Other current cable offerings like Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, Vampire Prosecutor and Empress are performing strongly as well.

To clarify, as there have been confused comments in recent ratings posts: Cable dramas have generally aired in non-prime-time slots and therefore dont compete directly with broadcast dramas, which air in the 10 pm hour (with dailies in the 9 pm slot). A few exceptions: tvN has tried to carve out a spot in the prime-time landscape with Manny, I Need Romance, Birdie Buddy, and Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, all of which have competed with Big Three shows.

But given that many cable dramas are late-nighters (11 pm or midnight), and because cable has an inherently more limited audience, a 1% rating is considered favorable even if a broadcast drama would be considered a failure in the 5% range or below. Only a year or two ago, a 1% cable show was a big success, but with the way things are changing, I think were going to see that baseline tick up to 2% very soon.

TV Bang-ja Chronicles is an adaptation of the sageuk film of the same name, updating the classic story of Chun-hyang. It brought in positive viewer response, thanks to its speedy storytelling, visuals, and portrayal of emotions as Episode 1 kicked off the love story between servant Bang-ja (played by Lee Sun-ho) and Chun-hyang (Lee Eun-woo), which naturally infuriates her other man, the aristocrats son Mong-ryong (Yeo Hyun-soo).

TV Bang-ja Chronicles continues airing on Saturday nights for the rest of the month.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 ehza

家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

[Interview] Min Ji Hyun Finally Blooms in The Bangja Chronicles
2011-11-17 15:32 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwa
source : http://www.enewsworld.com/

Its been 10 years since she made her debut, but only now is she starting to shine. She says that she gained the confidence to draw her own story on her blank sheet of paper, and smiles, saying that shes happy shes rediscovered what acting is when she forgot what it felt like so long ago.

She is Min Ji Hyun, the Hyang Dan of Channel CGVs four episode drama The Bangja Chronicles.

We met with Min, who seemed to be a different person from how she was portrayed in the drama. She wasnt the Hyang Dan we thought her to be, with her Jeolla-do accent and know-it-all boisterous personality. She was a humane, fresh and genuine actress with flawless white skin, brown eyes and a smile that could warm anyones heart. She looked so young we couldnt believe she was actually 28 years old.

Posted Image

I took on high school-aged roles even when I was in my mid-20s. I felt bad because I thought maybe I would be limited in the roles I could act in. I hoped that for The Bangja Chronicles my character wouldnt be a childish one, and I got the mature Hyang Dan. Because my cheeks have slimmed down, I also looked prettier on screen than before (Laugh).

She adds, Because of my cheeks, I used to look chubby. My mom would always feel bad that her daughter didnt look pretty on TV. But this time shes happy and she says Hyang Dan is prettier than Chun Hyang.

Actually, Hyang Dan of the original folk tale is Chun Hyangs servant, and is fairly static. The new Hyang Dan, however, is completely different. She goes around sleeping with men, saying that its better to be the concubine of an aristocrat than be where she is now, and even cunningly pretends to be ignorant when she knows everything. Min Ji Hyun is breathing life into the role with her acting.

When I acted in scenes for Hyang Dan thinking that they were like scenes from my own life, a lot of things touched me. She was just like me; she had never been better off, she worked in a lot of part-time jobs and she swallowed everything down to fulfill her dream.

Min went through a lot after she graduated from the Theatre and Visual Arts major at Myongji College. When she was a trainee in high school, her agency suddenly closed down. Later on, she practiced as the member of a girl group for a year with a promise that her agency would let her take up acting again someday, but it soon failed as well. She finally started her acting career in 2007, with the SBS drama Mackerel Run.

Posted Image

In 2009, hardship hit her again. She tried to remove a mole from her face, but she ended up getting 11 stitches because of the procedures side effects. The cut on her face soaked through her to cut her heart. Min was going to be cast in the morning drama The Splendor of Youth when the unfortunate incident happened. Fortunately, she was still able to act in the drama, but she couldnt stop worrying about her family members, who were themselves worried about the traumatic cut on her face and her career as an actress.

I asked my family to support me until I was in my mid-20s, and I had a vague confidence in myself. I thought if I worked hard, my day to shine will come, but one day I saw that I was becoming a burden to my family. I auditioned for The Bangja Chronicles thinking that it would be my last. My mom and my big sister also told me, Ji Hyun, this is your last. If you dont make it, dont ever look back, but I made it, perhaps because I was destined to continue acting.

The person who was happiest about the news was Mins mother, who would often stroke her daughters scarred cheek in sorrow.

Three weeks after the audition, they contacted me. Of course I had to do it, but I became worried about whether I could do it. I hadnt been acting for a long while. But thanks to the help of the staff and the director, I managed to draw up my courage. I worked harder because I was thankful for their care.

Posted Image

The Bangja Chronicles is not for minors, which means there is a lot of suggestive content shown in the drama. Hyang Dan strips down a lot and is involved in many sex scenes. She especially grabbed attention by showing her fine lined body in a water fight scene with Chun Hyang (Lee Eun Woo), while her sex scene with Mong Ryong (Yeo Hyeon Soo) also made issues.

Im not embarrassed of the sex scenes with Mong Ryong or of the revealing scenes. I even told my family, Tell the people around you to watch it because your Ji Hyun is going to be in it. I was loved for this piece, and because I come out more beautiful than anyone else, Im confident.

She said her most memorable shoot was one in which she had to faint after sleeping with Mong Ryong. She said she suddenly burst into tears, and that she was perhaps shocked at the new task she had to undertake.

Only the director and a minimum number of staff members came in for the shoot. I was showing my buttocks and I had my face covered with my skirt, and I cried a lot. Yeo Hyun Su (Lee Mong Ryong) was really considerate, and Lee Ah Hyun (Wol Mae) kept telling me that my bottom looked great and that I was doing good, so I was so thankful. Because everyone was so caring, I felt like I was receiving so much without doing anything.

Posted Image

She also showed a deep trust in the dramas director, Bong Man Dae.

The Bangja Chronicles is her first piece with director Bong, which means that he was the one who kept her on her feet when she was thinking of giving up on acting. Director Bong debuted in Chungmuro with his 1999 film Tokyo Sexpia, and also became a renowned director with The Sweet Sex and Love and Cinderella.

Hes a director any actress would want. He cares for all the small things, including giving out tips on how an actress can look prettier on screen. Hanbok looks better without a bra, but one time I wore hanbok with a padded bra and he immediately knew. He said, Since only your back will be showing Ill let it go.

Director Bong also shows full support for Min. He made her stand in many different angles so that she could appear in as many scenes as possible.

I originally didnt have to appear in the scene where Hyang Dan gets slapped by Wol Mae and stands awkwardly near the dressing table. But the director told me to touch my swollen cheek and fumble with my breast-tie, and after I saw the scene on TV, I realized that scene was the scene I was watching now.

Perhaps it was because she was loved so much by the staff, but she was given many nicknames. As she didnt move around because she wanted to keep her hair from becoming tangled, she was called too much consideration, and because she appeared at the set every day she was also called here again. When she ran around the set in her bare feet, she was given the nickname bare footed Hyang Dan.

Once, a shoot had to be cancelled because of Min, something that most producers dont take lightly. But because she had used all her energy in a scene where she had to play in the water, the evening shoots couldnt go on smoothly. Director Bong and the cinematographer promptly cancelled the shoot.

Even when we had to hurry because we have filming schedules, Director Bong let me rest a beat for my acting. The cinematographer told me that it was okay and not to be too worried about it, and the lighting director also comforted me by telling me to be confident. I was thankful that they understood how I felt because they meet so many actors on set.

She also added, Because I was doing the thing I really wanted to do, I always wanted to be on set and I felt a big energy well up inside me. The director and the staff all cared for me and told me that they would be the Hyang Dan protectors. The makeup team, stylist team and the lighting team all looked after things again for me. Even when we had to cancel the shoot, they sent me messages to cheer me up. I wont forget how they cared for me.

Posted Image

Whenever she thought about giving up on acting, she was given a piece to act in and she could again comfort herself. Min says that in the future she wants to act in friendly and humane roles, like Ha Ji Won does.

Because I like drinking soju with samgyupsal (pork belly) or talking in [small places like] attics, I want to take on more down-to-earth roles. Now that Ive found again what acting is like, I want to work hard.

I didnt start off as an actress thinking I would become famous overnight, she says. Its great if I can minimize the time when Im still unknown, but I know it will also come with an anxiousness that could shake me up. Im just happy to be acting.

Photo credit: Kim Byung Gwan
Translation credit: Erika Kim

#39 Rose_Of_Sharon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

-- Ѵդ.. ͧ Light and Shadow Ҵҡ -ҧ 繷عǴ

#40 ehza

家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

Rose_Of_Sharon, on Nov 19 2011, 08:08 AM, said:

-- Ѵդ.. ͧ Light and Shadow Ҵҡ -ҧ 繷عǴ
ͧ
ҹؤ 繵ӹҹդáѡ¡ Фͧá Wish Upon A Star MBC 1997 ͧẺҡ§աҧҡ
ͧФ÷ͧ红 ͺ觫 ⪤ͷŴշ 16 ͹ Ѻ駤С͹

ҹ˹ ҡѹ ͧФͧáҩͧ

#41 ehza

家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image

별은 내 가슴에 "Star in My Heart"

a.k.a. Wish Upon a Star - MBC TV 1997
16 Episodes - 45 Minutes/ep.
TV Show: Wish Upon A Star
Revised romanization: Byeoleun nae gaseume
Director: Jin-sik Lee, Chang-han Lee
Writer: Ki-ho Kim, Seon-mi Lee
Network: MBC
Episodes: 16
Release Date: March 10 - April 29, 1997

Choi Jin Shil : won MBC best actor of the year award 1997

Foreword

This is Ahn Jae Wooks first serial that is shown in China and shot him to stardom. Do not miss this serial that raised his popularity!

Story

Lian Yi grows up in an orphanage. When she is 18, she is brought home by her guardian, Mr An. She doesnt know that he is her father. Mrs An only likes to associate with the rich and looks down on Lian Yi. Mrs An treats Lian Yi like a slave upon knowing her identity. Her children, Yi Fan and Yi Hua always bully her. Mr An is helpless but he can do nothing.

Jiang Min is a generals son and loves freedom. His mother is an actress but is his fathers mistress. That is why he can never get along with his fathers legal wife. He is told from young that his mother is dead. General Jiang is furious that he loves music and tries to forbid this.

To get away from his fathers control, Jiang Min reports to the army. He is determined to pursue his dream but doesnt get the recognition he wants. He he asks his good friend and the general manager of JS Apparel, Jun Li to channel in the funds to produce his album.

Mrs An is holding a cocktail reception at her boutique when Lian Yi first reaches Seoul. Jun Li is so stunned that she resembles Sophia that his eyes follow her everywhere. When she notices him, he avoids her and hides in a corner.

Lian Yi and Shun Ai are bullied by gangsters in the pub. Jiang Min and Jun Li help them to escape. Jun Li recognises her because he has seen her earlier at Mrs Ans cocktail party. He has a deep impression because she resembles his ex-girlfriend, Sophia. He feels close to her while Jiang Min is curious to know more about this sweet woman. But he blames himself for forgetting to ask for her name.

Later, he meets her at Yi Huas university. Jiang Min He drives too fast and dirties Lian Yis sweater. Lian Yi confronts him. He recognizes her and introduces himself. Have a good laugh when he shoves Lian Yi to sit in the front seat and Yi Hua ends up sitting at the rear.

When they reach the venue where both families are having dinner, he opens the car door for Lian Yi. He forgets completely about Yi Hua. He walks back to his car, not wanting to open the car for her but to ask her to pass him his coat! It is funny when he slams the door. He puts it over Lian Yi. She protests but he insists on doing it.Mr An gives Lian Yi a watch for getting into the university. Feeling jealous, Mrs An snatches the watch, lying that she is keeping for her.

Shun Ai becomes a 3rd grade singer but never gives up her dream. Mrs An forces Lian Yi to move to her friend, Shun Ais place. Mr An is killed in an accident when he sends her money personally. The secret is then sealed forever. The whole family blames Lian Yi for it. Lian Yi sobs after Mr Ahns funeral service. Jiang Min hugs her to give her comfort.

Yi Hua wants to be Jiang Mins girlfriend but he is interested in Lian Yi instead. Yi Hua is angry and tells Lian Yi to back off. Lian Yi wishes to return Jiang Min his coat but is stopped by Mrs An. She finds Jiang Mins wallet with his mothers photograph in it. She delivers it to Jiang Mins home but Jiang Min believes Mrs Ans words that she is a thief and scolds her. That hurts her.

Lian Yi helps out at Mrs Ans boutique. Jun Li visits it and sees Lian Yi drawing sketches of clothes designs. He is impressed and invites all to attend his companys party. Mrs An has to let Lian Yi come along since Jun Li has seen her, but she is unwilling to let her try the new clothes. Instead, she leads her into the storeroom where she stores outdated clothes.

Lian Yi is delighted and chooses two dresses to sew a new dress for herself. Later, she walks out of the boutique to meet Shun Ai in her new dress. Mrs Jiang happens to see her in it and wants to try it. Mrs An is angry that she doesnt choose her own designs and demands Lian Yi to remove the dress to give to Mrs Jiang.

Lian Yi meets Jiang Min again when she makes measurements for Mrs Jiang. Feeling apologetic for mistakening her to be a thief, Jiang Min drives her not to the bus-stop but to Mrs Ans boutique. The mischievous grin that he shows on his face is simply charming!

Jiang Min drives quickly to the boutique and almost knocks into Yi Huas car. Yi Hua is about to scold the driver but stops when he sees her. Actually he wishes to see Lian Yi. He cant control himself upon seeing how the Ans treat her like a slave, telling her to brew tea for them.

He politely asks when she can knock off. When they tell him that office hours are over, he grabs her hand immediately and walks out with her. Lian Yi dislikes him for behaving like a young master and scolds him. She wants to continue her job at the boutique so as to help Shun Ai sew clothes for her to work in the pub. In fact, the other singers are so impressed with the dresses that they also request Lian Yi to help.

Lian Yi is surprised when Jiang Min apologises to her. Both fall in love.

Jiang Min sees Lian Yi entering a CD shop. He follows her. She sees his debut album and is delighted. She decides to buy it for Shun Ai as she is his fan. Jiang Min quietly grabs it from her and pays for her. Later, he autographs on the CD.

He then follows Lian Yi to take the train upon seeing his fathers men following him. He plays the CD from his discman and shares with her. He asks her whether she can listen to music in the shop. She frowns and no. So Jiang Min quietly puts his discman into her bag and smiles cheekily at her when he goes out of the train!

Mrs An sees Lian Yi sewing clothes and her expression reminds her about her husbands mistress who once worked in her boutique too. She gets so mad that she tears Lian Yis hair and destroys her sewing.

Jun Li holds a competition to choose fashion designers for his company. Mrs An is annoyed with Yi Hua for wanting to submit her own sketches because she has no ideas. Mrs An then decides to use Lian Yis designs.

Jun Li is surprised to see the model wearing Lian Yis sample design and thinks that she is one of the participants for the fashion designer selection. He is so displeased to know that Yi Hua has stolen Lian Yi's work that he stands up and walks away from the judges table!He still engages Yi Hua to work in JS but also insists that Lian Yi also joins in. Mrs An and Yi Hua are very annoyed.

Jiang Min calls up JS. Yi Hua is delighted when she picks the office phone but she is angry and lies that Lian Yi isnt around when Jiang Min asks for Lian Yi. Still, Jiang Min manages to see Lian Yi using the public phone outside. He pages her and deliberately stands behind her to tease her.

Jiang Min gives Lian Yi a ticket to attend his mini concert. Yi Hua steals it and Jiang Min is so displeased to see her. Lian Yi is tricked by Yi Hua to work late in the boutique. Yi Fan comes and wants to rape her. She struggles and one of her sleeves is torn. Jiang Min comes to fetch her and hears the commotion. He gives Yi Fan such a hard hit that the man has to escape right from the window.

Upon walking outside, Jun Li is there, wishing to find out more about the sketches that she has made. Upon seeing her state, he thinks that Jiang Min has done it and hits him. Both men end up fighting and Lian Yi has to stop them. Despite Jun Lis apologises, Jiang Min is angry that this is how his best friend think of him. Even so, the three still go for a drink. The two men are alarmed to see Lian Yi drinking so much.

Lian Yi is badly affected by Yi Fans attempted rape that she drinks a lot in despair. She nearly vomits twice in Jiang Mins car when she cant hold her liquor. Jiang Min is pained to see Lian Yi in agony and is also mad with Yi Fan.

He drives her to the nearest hotel where she can clean her face and coincidentally Yi Fan is there with his mistress. Jiang Min charges into his room and gives him a sound beating. Later, he leaves the hotel with her. He is past caring about what the media thinks about them.

Yi Hua spreads bad rumours about Lian Yi and she is isolated by other colleagues. Jiang Min comes to tell Jun Li that the good news that his albums sell very well. Knowing that Lian Yi is working in the same company, he goes to look for her. Laugh at the scene when Yi Hua is overjoyed upon seeing him but he is right in the lift and closes the door right in her face! He cant find Lian Yi but he tells Jun Li to pass her the message that he wishes to see Lian Yi at night in his studio.

Shun Ai is introduced to record with Jiang Min but she has difficulty reading the musical notes. Jiang Min teaches her patiently but his mind wanders because Lian Yi isnt around. Jun Li makes Lian Yi work overtime and forgets about the date until he sees Jiang Min waiting near her apartment when he sends Lian Yi back. Shun Ai is disappointed because she has fallen for Jiang Min.

The news that Jiang Mins mother is still alive gives Jiang Min a big blow. His relationship with his father worsens and he even gets beaten up by his men. The desperate man goes to look for Lian Yi and kisses her. He then gives her a ticket for his first concert.

Mrs An tells General Jiang that Jiang Min is wooing Lian Yi. General Jiang then gives her a sum of money for a breakup in Jiang Mins name. Lian Yi goes to his recording studio in fury. She sees him struggling with Yi Hua. She doesnt know that he is only trying to clear the stains on Yi Hua's dress and mistakens that he is really toying with her. She leaves after giving him a slap.

Jiang Ming moves his musical instruments to the stadium. He finally sees the money in the envelope that Lian Yi has dropped. He realizes that he has wronged Lian Yi and rushes to look for her.

Lian Yi has gone to Milan with Jun Li to attend a seminar. Jun Li arranges for Lian Yi to go for a makeover before attending a dinner at Milan. See how much she has changed wearing a spaghetti-strap dress!
He cant concentrate at work and flies there. Both reconcile and he kisses her when she is sleeping, leaving a note telling her how much he loves her.

General Jiangs henchman softens his heart upon hearing Jiang Mins repeated pleas to see his mother. He is shocked to find her in a mental institution and cant recognize him. General Jiang puts Jiang Min under house detention. He slips out using his fans as a cover up when they get to his home to ask for his autographs. He wants to bring his mother out from there but someone gets her before him.

Jun Rong is interested in Shun Ai not in her singing but her looks. He tries to get fresh with her and she escapes. She sobs as she wishes to be a real singer and not a bimbo.

Lian Yi returns from Milan and discovers that there are unpleasant rumours about her and Jun Li. She bears this in silence. Jun Lis uncle uses the falling sales of JS for 3 years for an excuse and demands a change in the personal department. He persuades Jun Lis grandfather to get his own son, Jun Rong, to be the GM.

Jun Li gets bullied when he is demoted. Lian Yi is being transferred back to work for Mrs An again.

The photographer, Sophia, cant forget Jun Li and comes to look for Jun Li. Yi Hua is shocked to see her resembling Lian Yi and realizes why Jun Li treats her well. Sophia and Jun Li were once in love but his grandfather opposed the relationship. She left in anger and married an Italian man. After the divorce, she returns. Jun Li is determined to marry her but does not get his grandfathers support again. Sophia is tormented to know that and drinks in despair. Jun Li tries hard to console her.

Jiang Min announces his planned marriage to Lian Yi to protest against his father. This gives Lian Yi more pressure instead. Yi Hua and Mrs An lie to General Jiang that Lian Yi often goes out to try to attract the rich mens sons. First, her target was Jun Li and now it is Jiang Min. General Jiang is so annoyed that he tells his men to abduct her to teach her a lesson. She then asks for a breakup and both ignore each other.

Mrs An and Jun Rong have plans to expand their business into Chinas markets. But they are cheated of their money in the end. Jun Rong flees and his grandfather is very disappointed so he gives Jun Li his original post. Sophia decides not to affect his career and leaves for Italy. Jun Li still helps the Ans to rebuild their career but they are still snobbish towards Lian Yi.

Jiang Min is jealous upon seeing Lian Yi going to Jun Lis home. He gives both a lift as Jun Lis car is under repair. Do laugh at this scene where the three of them squeeze to sit right at the front because Jiang Mins car is a BMW convertible and there isnt any space at the rear! Jiang Min is so mad seeing the two of them almost touching each other's faces!

Jiang Mins mother dies after recognizing him. Lian Yi tries to console him despite having her own problems. But she finds the gap wider between them because of his popularity. Jiang Min also mistakens that she is now in love with Jun Li and both have a cold war.

Shun Ai is a recording singer all along and is discovered that she cant sing live and her reputation is ruined. She decides to return to her hometown to think of what she should do in the future.

Jiang Min buries his sorrow in music. Jun Li gives him a beating to wake him up as he is hurting all of them. Jiang Min then gives him a ticket to pass to Lian Yi to attend his concert. This includes a note telling her that he loves her till his death. Jun Li tells Lian Yi to cherish their love. He also settles the office matters before going to Italy to search for Sophia.

Lian Yi is touched and runs to the concert venue. Even General Jiang turns up to give his support to find out more about his son. Jiang Min finds Lian Yi among the crowd and jumps downstage. He sings Forever to her. Both embrace among cheers from the crowd.

Introduction on characters

Li Lian Yi Choi Jin Sil

She is considered another successful actress after Sum Yun Ha. Her acting is quite natural but I feel that this character is unrealistic. No one can really put up with all the suffering for so long. She is 3 years older than Ahn but they look very compatible. A pity that she reduced her works after her marriage. I have not seen any new works from her.

Jiang Min Ahn Jae Wook

This character is rebellious to go against his fathers wishes and dares to pursue his own dreams and love. His upbringing gives his an air of elegance. He often does things for Lian Yi without asking for her consent. He is like a man with a boys heart.

Initially, Ahn looks cool with a long fringe like a playboy. After that, he looks amazingly young with a shorter cut but still equally cool. Many like his character and simply fall for him. Ahns acting is quite good although some crying scenes over the suffering of Jiang Min's mother look too exaggerating.

Li Jun Li Cha In Pyo

He is the perfect gentleman as Xiang Zhe as in All About Eve. He goes all out to help his friends and also knows how to settle his love affairs in a calm way. I find Cha a bit stiff in here, he only needs to create poses for himself. Not much injection into feelings.

Mrs An - Piao Yuan Shu (You Zhens mother in All About Eve)

She is the typical Cinderellas stepmother who is a snob and ill-treats Lian Yi. A bit over the top with over classy dressing and hats. I dont really like her acting in here.

Mr An
This man treats all his children equally but tends to show more concern for Lian Yi. Once he is so disturbed as Yi Hua tricks him into believing that Lian Yi has returned home when he goes to pick them from school. He stands at the door waiting for her to return anxiously.

He is speechless but can do nothing when she walks back in the cold weather from a very far distance. He has to keep the truth from her and is never a happy man till his death despite being rich.

An Yi Fan Piao Zhe (Xian Da in All About Eve)

Yi Fan is a good for nothing who only knows how to ask money from his mother.

He tries hard to lick Jun Lis boots by introducing models from his own modeling agency but Jun Li's response is lukewarm upon seeing Yi Fan's attitude. His acting is still fine. He has set eyes on Lian Yi for a long time, right from peeking at her when she is bathing to harassing her at the boutique. Serves him right when Jiang Min beats him up!

An Yi Hua Zhao Mei Ling

She is the typical Cinderellas stepsister. Actually I like her straight hair as a student to perm her hair to produce her image as a working woman gives disastrous results as the dressing is terrible. She is jealous of Jiang Min and Jun Lis attention towards Lian Yi.

So she tries all ways to stop them and frame Lian Yi in private and at work. She is so thick-skinned to say that Lian Yi copies her works when Jun Li confronts her with the evidence. Even so, she still gives a smile I guess the word shy is never in her dictionary.

She is quite pitiful in a way. I remember a scene when she cries in his studio when he tells her frankly that he only treats her like a younger sister. Another will be her sneaking into his apartment and kissing him when he is sleeping! Quite natural acting from this actress.

Yang Shun Ai Quan Du Yan (Wen Zhu in Happy Together')

She has been tricked endless times just because she wants to be a singer. She cant sing well and thus she is unhappy. Lian Yi is her only friend who offers her comfort but she is also jealous of her because she loves Jiang Min too. Shun Ai is so jealous that she even works for Jun Rong, thinking he will make her into a star. But not being able to sing live in a concert ruins her chances and she returns to hometown. Still, before going back, she manages to reconcile with Lian Yi.

I dont think she is very good in crying scenes here. I still find her better in Happy Together.

Li Jun Rong

Another good for nothing like Yi Fan. Both go for women and drinks but he has a hunger for power too. I wonder why his grandfather is so stupid to trust him instead of trusting the capable Jun Li.

He jeopardizes all the chances of success. Knowing that Lian Yi is Jun Lis trusted subordinate, he also belittles her to give all of them a very small room to work. Still, they have no complains and work very hard. The Ans try to curry favour with him every now and then.

He does not listen to Jun Lis advice in penetrating into China markets and thus flees when the company is in dire straits, leaving his poor cousin to pick up the mess.

Sophia Choi Jin Sil

What a change from the demure Lian Yi! She has long hair, thick make-up and smokes too. She is a very successful photographer and has loved Jun Li all along. However, his familys opposition gives her a lot of pressure.

Because of her looks, Jun Li tends to treat Lian Yi better. He is not in love with her as he still misses Sophia. He is just trying to make amends in a way because Sophia is not accepted by his family.

The Ans are stunned upon seeing her at the boutique. Even Yi Hua thinks that she is Lian Yi at first! Later, they bootlick her upon knowing her fame to promote the shop. But I dont like this character because she always takes out on Jun Li when she is angry.

Her acting here is only satisfactory. This character actually has more room in development. Is there any reason on why she looks like Lian Yi? Are they long-lost sisters or twins? Too bad the producer doesnt provide an answer. As Cha is about 15 cm taller than Choi, she tends to wear very high heels here. I wonder how she can walk with ease?

General Jiang
He loves his son but he is too harsh on him. Thus there are many conflicts between them. He actually tries hard to keep the truth that his mother is still alive from Jiang Min. (Whether this is to protect Jiang Min or to protect his own image I am not that sure). But I do like him being a loyal friend of Mr An that is not to reveal the actual identity of Lian Yi to his other family members.

Mrs Jiang
She is a famous ex-actress. No clue on how she turns mad but it puzzles me why General Jiang opposes to Jiang Min being a singer since he is involved with a celebrity himself. She has lost her mind and doesnt even recognize her son when they meet. She only remembers him as a baby taken away from her and even begs him to return him to her. It really breaks Jiang Mins heart to see this. However, when he comes to see her for the last time before her death and recognizes him.

Favourite character
Jiang Min. He is frank and not afraid of failure. He is also a romantic although he can be very impulsive.

Most hated character
Mrs An. She is too bossy and thinks too highly of herself. When Jun Li comments that her designs are outdated, she refuses to accept it. She tries to say bad things about Lian Yi upon finding her sitting right beside Yi Hua when both get into JS. Luckily, Jun Li simply ignores her.

When others praise Lian Yis designs, she is displeased too. She is unable to move with the times and is too proud to admit failure. Many will shake their heads upon seeing how she spoils her children rotten.

Songs

There are many songs sung by Ahn Jae Wook. I am not sure of the titles. Many will like the song Forever but I prefer Always By Your Side, which is a fast-paced song. It sound like Chage & Askas Megurai at the start it has a more romantic feel.

Interesting facts

The producer had chosen Choi and Cha as the main cast but hadnt made his mind who to choose for to act for Jiang Min. He screened almost all the young Korean actors before deciding on Ahn to be the lead. Ahn described that this character is so attractive as he had a very in outlook and fit physique.

Moreover, he could sing all the songs that he liked. So he decided to change the viewers impression of him as a young and kind undergraduate image from his past serial.

At first MBC intended to hold a contest to choose a suitable Jiang Min from the acting class. They were afraid that the sunshine Ahn was unable to fit into the rebellious role. This made Ahn work harder for it. Many singers at that time would keep long hair touching the shoulders he does the reverse keeping his fringe very long.

He also rejected all torn jeans and black leather jackets. He insisted on using black or grey suits to project the image. Because of this, he had many quarrels with the clothing unit. But it is later proved that he was correct in his choice.

To blend into the role, he smoked more than usual (2 packets a day), slept anywhere he liked and didnt smile much. He also attempted different kinds of food. And of course, he also drank more than usual but he could hold his liquor well. One to three bottles of soju wine didnt pose any difficulty to him. It is a miracle that his voice wasnt damaged by all these vices.

Choi Jin Sils popularity rose in Korea, China and Taiwan after this serial was aired. But the person who benefited the most is Ahn Jae Wook. At that time, Cha In Pyo was already more popular than Ahn.

But because his Brother Xiao Min character was so popular, he jumped from the supporting role to the lead role. In comparison, Cha was a bit neglected but in front of reporters, he still congratulated Ahn on his success.

This serial opened doors for Ahn Jae Wook to opening concerts in China. He was the first star to be most fluent in Mandarin and the most popular Korean star in 2000. All his concerts, CDs, Dvds, vcds go to the top of the lists.

Many China fans were mad over this serial when it is shown in China in 2000. Besides being attracted to Ahn Jae Wook, many also wanted to know the actor who portrayed Jun Li. They felt that this character is such a forgiving and devoted diamond bachelor who is also gentle and good towards friends.

Many felt that he stole Jiang Mins glamour. One message by a fan on Chas profile in a few words appeased a large crowd easily. His popularity isnt lower than Ahns but it is just that his information is too limited so the heat is reduced. Cha also learnt Mandarin to get closer to his fans.

This serial was as popular as Jang Dong Gans Models when aired in China. A Taiwanese station held a vote contest to choose the most popular serial. It beat Fireworks to be number one. (At this ime All about Eve and Endless Love were not shown yet.)

The last scene of Jiang Mins concert was actually Ahns real concert and the crew just shot it out of convenience. A way to save money on the extras! The song Forever became his well-known work and is a must-sing song at all his concerts.

This song got into KBC song list and MBC best of the best chart among the top 10.

There is a less known incident on the ending. Initially, the producer had not wanted a happy ending. He wanted Jiang Min to be responsible to Shun Ai and marries her. Many Koreans opposed the ending. How can they still have the traditional thought of forcing someone to marry another whom he doesnt love. Some even threatened to kill themselves if this came true. MBC had no choice but to satisfy all with the happy ending.

Be prepared to find Kim Jung Eun (Yong Xi in All About Eve) as an extra in here as Jun Lis secretary. The funny part is Piao Zhe, the actor as her husband Xian Da in All About Eve is also in here to flatter her about her looks before going to see Jun Li all the time!

Conclusion

Actually this is a very typical Cinderella story that will appeal to many. With good-looking artistes, it is quite attractive. However, you may have to put up with the unnatural acting from many of them since they are still inexperienced. The story is quite predictable too and offers little surprises.

I find the bullying scenes too fake. But if you are a big fan of Ahn, Cha and Choi, you must watch it to compare their acting skills now. Moreover, it is hard to see Ahn acting and singing in the same serial too.

source : http://www.spcnet.tv/Korean-Dramas/A-Wish-...review-r43.html

#42 Rose_Of_Sharon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

-- .. ͧ Wish Upon A Star MBC 1997 Դѹ
Фҷش´١ҳ 2000 ͧ ҧ͡ ǨԹ 紫
͹Фâͧͨдѧ᷺ءͧ 仵Ẻҡ ͫΡ
ѹѴ ҧ Ф ҡ 礧ʹء ʺ¾¨ ; JP

#43 ehza

家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

Posted Image

Special Affairs Team TEN (OCN)

Title: 특수사건전담반 TEN / Teuk-soo-sa-geon-jeon-dam-ban / Special Affairs Team TEN
Chinese Title: 特殊案件专案组 TEN
Genre: Action
Episodes: 10
Broadcast network: OCN
Broadcast period: 2011-Nov-18 to 2012-Jan-20
Air time: Friday 12:00 midnight

Synopsis
Special Affairs Team TEN is a criminal investigation unit that tackles the most violent crimes in South Korea. These crimes usually have less than a 10% rate for arrests. They chase the most notorious killers who attempt to commit the perfect crimes.

Yeo Ji Hoon is former top-notch detective, but now works as a professor. He then becomes the leader of Special Affairs Team TEN. Nam Ye Ri has been a detective for 4 years. She joins Special Affairs Team TEN because of her psychological reasoning powers. Baek Do Sik is 24 year veteran detective. He possesses a keen sense of intuition, which he honed from his many years as a detective. Park Min Ho is a new detective. He joins Special Affairs Team TEN after impressing Professor Yeo Ji Hoon with his reasoning powers.

Cast

Joo Sang Wook as Yeo Ji Hoon
Jo An as Nam Ye Ri
Kim Sang Ho as Baek Do Sik
Choi Woo Sik as Park Min Ho

Production Credit

Producer: Lee Seung-yeong (이승영)

Official Site http://series.lifestyler.co.kr/TEN

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

TEASER

[2nd Trailer] Special Affairs Team TEN (특수사건전담반 TEN) - Korean Drama 2011

#44 ehza

家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

Yeon Jeong Hun and Joo Sang Wook to Enter Japan with Cable Dramas
2011-11-11 16:44 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung
source : enewsworld.com

Yeon Jeong Hun and Joo Sang Wook will be entering Japan television as the lead roles of cable investigation dramas. The OCN dramas Vampire Prosecutor and Ten, which respectively star Yeon Jeong Hun and Joo Sang Wook, have succeeded in grabbing export contracts to Japan.

A rep for CJ E&Ms overseas content sales team said, We have sold the TV airing rights and DVD sales rights to the Japanese content distribution company CCC. The dramas will air on Japan TV sometime in the first half of 2012.

Posted Image

The simultaneous successful sales of these two investigative dramas indicate that cable dramas are being acknowledged in Japan with their diverse genres.

Ten will be airing its first episode on November 18, but its preview managed to persuade executives with its quality, and was sold even before its official premiere. The two dramas will be airing on main broadcasting channels which favor hallyu dramas such as Fuji TV, and will also be receiving the same level of treatment received by main channel dramas exported to Japan.

An official from CCC said, We were drawn in by the popularity of Vampire Prosecutor and its stylish videos. We also chose Ten because we believed that it would appeal greatly to the Japan market in that it is an authentic investigative drama.

The rep for CJ E&M added, Thanks to the popularity of the lead actors Yeon Jeong Hun and Joo Sang Wook, and the specialized nature of the dramas, they were successfully sold with great terms. We expect the two investigative dramas to show hallyu fans the new power of Korean content through their sensual videos and attractive story lines.

Vampire Prosecutor is an investigative drama which features a prosecutor (Yeon Jeong Hun) who suddenly becames a vampire one day, and uses his hidden identity to find solutions to many social evils. The drama is recording higher ratings with every episode, powered on by Yeon Jeong Huns new image, and is leading in cable ratings for its time slot.

The drama Ten, which will air its first installment out of ten on November 18, is another investigative drama which covers a special unit put together to solve the top 10% unsolved cases. The tight story, an adaptation of true cases and the tense atmosphere formed through a focus on the investigation process, will be emphasizing the dramas identity as an investigative drama.

The producers for BSG Police, which opened a new era in Korean investigative dramas, and a colorful array of actors such as Joo Sang Wook, Kim Sang Ho, Jo An and Choi Woo Sik will be coming together in Ten to much anticipation.

Kim Sang Ho on How It Feels to be Lead of Ten
2011-11-16 17:10 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwa

Kim Sang Ho shared his feelings on how it felt to be a lead actor for the first time in his 18 year career.

Kim Sang Ho spoke at the press conference for OCNs Ten, held on November 16 in Seoul, with director Lee Seung Young and actors Joo Sang Wook, Jo An and Choi Woo Sik.

Posted Image

Kim said, This may sound arrogant, but I always work on a piece Im cast in with the thought that its mine regardless of whether Im a support or a lead.

He added, Because this time I have the lead label attached, I feel more responsibility. Like I always said with director Lee Seung Young, I hope our drama becomes a piece that doesnt show any flaws even after its been shown many times.

Kim took on the role of veteran detective Baek Do Sik, whos been in the business for 24 years. Because of his long career, he is called the dictionary of crime, and always tries to see a case through to its end.

Ten is an investigative drama which covers a special unit put together to solve the top 10 percent of unsolved cases. The sharp detective Yeo Ji Hun (Joo Sang Wook), veteran detective Baek Do Sik (Kim Sang Ho), profiler Nam Ye Ri (Jo An) and the rookie Park Min Ho (Choi Woo Sik) come together to solve the cases. The drama will air its first episode on November 18.

Photo credit: OCN

Why Did Jo An Decide to Star in Ten?
2011-11-16 18:21 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwa

Jo An said the reasons why she decided to appear in OCNs drama Ten were Joo Sang Wook and Kim Sang Ho.

Jo An made the statement at the press conference for Ten, held on November 16 in Seoul, where she could be seen with director Lee Seung Young and actors Joo Sang Wook, Kim Sang Ho and Choi Woo Sik.

Posted Image

When asked why she decided to star in the drama, she answered, At first I wanted to do it because the script looked fun, but I actually considered it for a while. I decided to take up the offer when I heard that Kim Sang Ho and Joo Sang Wook would be starring in it.

I think the actors you have to act with together are important, and so I eyed the casting for the other actors for a while. After hearing that Joo Sang Wook and Kim Sang Ho said they would do it, I immediately answered that I would do it too, she added.

Joo Sang Wook is attractive as an actor, and Kim Sang Ho gave me the reassuring feeling that because hes skilled in acting, I would be able to trust him.

Jo An took on the role of the lovable detective Nam Yeri. Yeri is a profiler, and has a keen insight with which she can read the thoughts of other people. She has been scarred by many relationships, but she will still trust people to the end.

On her resolutions for the role, she answered, Because of my previous roles, a lot of people think Im a very melancholy person, but I want to show that I can be bright through this opportunity.

She added, Yeri has been through difficult times, but she is still a bright and outgoing girl. I tried to take care in that aspect when I acted. I sometimes become depressed without even knowing it, but I want to live a bright and pretty life through this drama.

Ten is an investigative drama which covers a special unit put together to solve the top 10 percent of unsolved cases. The sharp detective Yeo Ji Hun (Joo Sang Wook), veteran detective Baek Do Sik (Kim Sang Ho), profiler Nam Yeri (Jo An) and the rookie Park Min Ho (Choi Woo Sik) come together to solve the cases. The drama will air its first episode on November 18.

Photo credit: OCN

OCN′s ′Ten′ off to a Smooth Start
2011-11-20 15:48 l CJ E&M enewsWorld Park, HyunMin
credit : http://www.enewsworld.com/enews/contents.a...47&idxType=News

With its two-hour long first episode, a movie-like plot, and a production crew experienced in investigative dramas, OCNs Ten dominated Friday night television.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research, the first episode (aired November 18) titled, Tape Murder Case, which was based on a real unresolved murder case in 2004, claimed the top spot among cable channel programs aired in the same time slot. The average viewer rating was recorded at 1.8 percent (based on households with cable TV channels), and peaked at 2.3 percent. The shows rerun recorded an average viewer rating of 1.6 percent, and reached its peak at 2.5 percent.

Posted Image

TEN captured viewers hearts with its tight storyline and stellar directing. The cast includes Joo Sang Wook, Kim Sang Ho, and Jo An, and all the actors convincingly portray detectives.

After the airing, viewers posted good reviews on its comment board, as many stated that this was a drama marking a new epoch in investigative dramas.

Its second episode, Shadow Murder, will be aired on November 20 at 8pm, after being reedited from rated R to a 15 rating to draw viewers from more various age groups.

Ten covers a detective story of a special task forces put together to solve unresolved criminal cases with less than 10 percent of probability of being solved. The nine-episode drama starring Joo Sang Wook, Kim Sang Ho, Jo An and Choi Woo Sik is being produced by the production crew of Chosun Police.

Photo credit: CJ E&M

#45 ehza

家門の栄光

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

Rose_Of_Sharon, on Nov 20 2011, 03:23 PM, said:

-- .. ͧ Wish Upon A Star MBC 1997 Դѹ
Фҷش´١ҳ 2000 ͧ ҧ͡ ǨԹ 紫
͹Фâͧͨдѧ᷺ءͧ 仵Ẻҡ ͫΡ
ѹѴ ҧ Ф ҡ 礧ʹء ʺ¾¨ ; JP